2017 marks our 10th Anniversary in Second Life.
To make this an affair to remember we are putting out a call for presenters. You are invited to bring your music, art, presentations, discussion topics, and demonstration projects to this celebration scheduled for 21 – 23 April 2017.
Are you a professional? Someone with passion and experience on a topic you want to engage others in? Are you an artist (all disciplines) and want to share your work? Share your ideas, facilitate a discussion, show off your talent, host an interactive demonstration.
Please feel free to share this information with anyone interested in participating in our 10th Anniversary Celebration.
Our objective is to engage visitors in lively, informative, and memorable events and activities that focus on sustainable living and eco-consciensiousness.
Suggested topics include: Clean Energy, Water Reclamation and Treatment, Green IT, Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, Organic Food Production, Climate Change, Permaculture, Community Development, Green Infrastructure, Natural Resources and Sustainability, Resource Management, Sustainable Living, Urban Agriculture, Health and the Environment … you get the idea. Note this is not a complete list of topics simply suggestions.
An objective of your presentation should look at how can we take what we learn from you, as presenter, and apply the concepts and ideas in the world at large; home, school, work, relationships, community.
- Proposals will be reviewed and accepted on a first-come basis as long as space is available and no later than 1 March 2017.
- Voice presentations are acceptable and a transcriptionist will assist for those who do not use SL voice and require text. You will be expected to submit a notecard with a written script, including important points, with your final presentation summary and presenter bio.
- Submit a notecard with the following information to Namaara MacMoragh or email email@example.com with the items listed in the body of the message. Do not attach a separate document.
- Second Life Name
- First Life Name (optional)
- First Life email address
- Topic of presentation / discussion / project
- Summary of presentation
- Best date and time (SLT) for your presentation
- If artwork or performance include artist VITA and tech requirements
- Presentations, discussions, and demonstration projects should take no longer than 45 minutes including questions. If you require more time because of the interactive content of the presentation include the length of time you require in the notecard or email proposal submission.